Week of 11.26.18


Hello Brave Community! 

Happy Monday Evening!  I hope that you all had a restful and blessed Thanksgiving holiday.  I was able to relax and spend quality time with my family and friends.  I enjoyed my week off, but it feels good to be back on campus.  There is positive energy in the air; teachers seem refreshed and prepared to provide each of our BRAVE students an amazing teaching and learning experience here at DFT!

Word of the Week (WOW):
This week’s word is “persevere”.  It is a verb that means to keep going, even when things are difficult.  Partner with us in focusing on our campus WOW.  Ask your student to use the word in a sentence or perhaps you could be very intentional in your use of our word.  Thanks for your participation!

TAG Testing:
The referral window is now open; it is November 12 – December 7, 2018.  Testing will start in January.   Go to TAG Testing referral for more information.

Library Nights:
Join us in the library most Tuesdays, from 6:00-7:00 p.m. for a Read Aloud and an activity.  The next couple of Library Nights are scheduled for 11/27, 12/4 and 12/11.  We hope to see you there! 

Looking Ahead:
Upcoming Library Nights: 11/27, 12/4 and 12/11!
Saturday, 12/8:  Winter Fest!
December 10-14:  Penguin Patch!
December 14:  Cultural Fair!
December 19: Holiday Parties!
December 20 - January 7, 2019: Winter Break (for students)!
January 8. 2019: First day of the Spring Semester!

Quote of the week:
“Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.”  Julie Andrews

My Belief:
I consider it a privilege and a blessing to serve the Double File Trail Elementary Community as the principal.  I believe in our students and their ability to achieve excellence in education. I want to partner with you to make this happen.  Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me or any member of my team in support of your child’s education.  We are ALL here to support and encourage our students to BE BRAVE, CHOOSE KIND and LEAD ON!


Popular posts from this blog

Brave News 11.28.23

New Arrival Procedure Begins Tomorrow!

Enjoy your Summer!