Week of 1.21.19


Hello Brave Community! 

Happy Friday!  I am very much looking forward to this 3-day weekend.  I especially enjoy participating in the local MLK celebrations and reflecting on the message in Dr. King’s inspirational “I Have a Dream” speech.  Heroic leaders, such as Dr. King, inspire my thoughts, as well as my actions.  It is my hope that my team and I provide a teaching and learning experience that positively impacts and inspires each of our BRAVE students!

As a Leader in Me campus, we highlight one of the Seven Habits of Highly Effective People each week.  Our habit of the week this week is Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, then to be Understood!   We teach our students to listen to others and to try to understand the views and feelings of others, even if they are different from their own.

Word of the Week (WOW):
This week’s word is “encouragement”.  It is a noun that means giving someone support, confidence or hope.  Partner with us in focusing on our campus WOW.  Ask your student to use the word in a sentence or perhaps you could be very intentional in your use of our word.  Thanks for your participation!

STEAM Fair:
Double File Trail Elementary is working hard to have a successful STEAM Fair.  We appreciate our volunteers that will assist us in the vital role of project judge.  STEAM Fair is January 24, 2019, 6:00-7:00 p.m.  Special thanks to Ms. Moore for coordinating this event.

Library Nights:
Join us in the library most Tuesdays, from 6:00-7:00 p.m. for a Read Aloud and an activity.  The next few Library Nights are scheduled for 1/15, 1/22, 1/29, 2/5 and 2/12.  We hope to see you there! 

Climate Survey:
We are looking forward to receiving feedback from you.  Please complete our Double File Trail Family Survey. Thanks so much!

Looking Ahead:
Upcoming Library Nights:  1/22, 1/29, 2/5 and 2/12!
January 21, 2019: MLK Holiday!
January 24, 2019:  STEAM Fair, 6:00-7:00 p.m.
February 1, 2019: 100th Day of School!
February 7, 2019: Spring Picture Day!
February 15, 2019: PTA Family Dance
February 18-19, 2019: Student Holiday!

Quote of the Month:
“The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written.”  Melody Beattie

My Belief:
I consider it a privilege and a blessing to serve the Double File Trail Elementary Community as the principal.  I believe in our students and their ability to achieve excellence in education. I want to partner with you to make this happen.  Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me or any member of my team in support of your child’s education.  We are ALL here to support and encourage our students to BE BRAVE, CHOOSE KIND and LEAD ON!

Popular posts from this blog

New Arrival Procedure Begins Tomorrow!

Brave News 11.28.23

Enjoy your Summer!